Hello, friends! We all know the Instagram algorithm has been out of whack lately. Although my engagement in terms of likes has been low, my conversations with my readers has been the highest it’s ever been! I’ve gotten the pleasure of getting to know some of you more and have had great conversations with a bunch of you about all sorts of things – shopping, sizing, reviews, dogs, teaching, life. I love sharing with you guys, so I thought I’d formally introduce myself!
1. My name is Jessie and I was born and raised in Los Angeles. I’ve never lived anywhere else and can’t imagine myself leaving Southern California.
2. I am 26 years old and my birthday is December 15.
3. I’m a crazy dog mom to two dachshunds. Oscar, my family dog, is 11 years old. My boyfriend and I got Oliver when we moved in together and he is now 4.
4. Since a teenager, I’ve dedicated my life to pursuing my dream of making the world a better place for children. I got my BA and credential from Loyola Marymount University and have been a 1st grade teacher ever since.
5. My boyfriend Tim and I met in college, just two weeks before he graduated. It’s been 4 amazing years, 5 in July!
6. Tim is from Hawaii, which is why you’ll see me living that island life at least once or twice every year.
7. I have an older brother who is an architect. If I didn’t go into teaching, I would have become an interior designer.
8. I am half Chinese, half Taiwanese and can speak Mandarin.
9. I have one tattoo of a moon behind my left ear.
10. I’m an introvert and prefer quality over quantity when it comes to friends.
11. I feel happiest when I’m in or by the water. I’d choose a vacation by the water over vacation in the city any day.
12. In high school, I got senior superlative of “Best Dressed.”
13. The only job I had in the fashion industry is when I worked retail at Madewell. I applied for the job just for fun! At the time, I was working at a children’s center and was in my senior year of college.
14. According to theMyers-Briggs Test, my personality type is “Advocate” INFJ-T. Here is a little summary which I think sums me up perfectly as a person: “though soft-spoken, they have very strong opinions and will fight tirelessly for an idea they believe in. They are decisive and strong-willed, but will rarely use that energy for personal gain…they tend to believe that nothing would help the world so much as using love and compassion…”
Thank you for taking the time to get to know a little more about me. I’d love to hear more about you, so please leave a comment below introducing yourself. 🙂 I plan on doing a Q&A this summer, so if you have any questions, feel free to comment below or message me on Instagram.